This has fast become my year end meme 🙂 Thank you Wenchy for starting me off on it.
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
I donated my hair to CANSA
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Im not entirely sure I actually made any resolutions last year…
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My friend Sam gave birth to her 2nd little boy as well as a bunch of Twitter moms that I was pregnant with (and who all went to full term ;))
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Again, I didnt leave sunny South Africa.
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
More date nights, more movie nights!
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory?
24 Jan, the day I lost my brother.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I dont think I did anything so spectacular that it can be deemed an achievement. I suppose I can say I survived each day and Im grateful for that.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Losing my temper, I really dont like losing my temper and I wish I had better control over it.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I slipped on the bathroom floor and partially dislocated my knee cap. Took ages to come right.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Paul’s birthday present, a new camera.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Again, Aaron has been a champ this year, despite having to learn to share his mommy, daddy, nanny, grandparents, toys, dogs, house and everything else with his baby sister, he has been a star!
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
A family member. Instead of drawing together she has pushed us away and made us ashamed to share blood with her.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Food, nappies, food, bum cream, food. (P.s. this has not changed since last year, oh except I can add petrol to the list!)
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song/album will always remind you of 2011?
Anything Lady Gaga. Im not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
- Happier or sadder? Happier
- Thinner or fatter? Thinner
- Richer or poorer? About the same.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Slept. Spent more time with friends.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worried about what other people would think.
20. How will you be spending Christmas
Not sure. We are spending Christmas day with family 🙂
21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
Paul and my mom.
22. Did you fall in love in 2011?
No. Im still in love with my husband and my children though.
23. How many one night stands in this last year?
24. What was your favourite TV program?
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book(s) you read?
I didnt really read that much this year. I am reading A Game of Thrones though and am loving it 🙂
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Nothing really new.
28. What did you want and get?
A new computer.
29. What did you want and not get?
Nothing springs to mind.
30. What were your favourite films of this year?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 32 and we went to play B.I.N.G.O. Was great fun and all for a good cause!
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having my brother Matt here for something happy not sad.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
34. What kept you sane?
Cipralex! And my amazing husband.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
None… boring 😦
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
None, I am so not into politics.
37. Who did you miss?
Those that have passed, my brother Cliff and my dad in particular.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Gosh, so many wonderful people have come into my life.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
Take each day as it comes. This is from last year and it definitely still applies.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?
Smile though your heart is aching
Smile even though it’s breaking
When there are clouds in the sky, you’ll get by
If you smile through your fear and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorrow
You’ll see the sun come shining through for you
– Words by John Turner and Geoffrey Parsons and music by Charlie Chaplin, sung by Nat King Cole